Organizations depend heavily on the behavior of software-reliant systems. The scale and complexity of these systems is increasing dramatically, posing challenges such as evolving systems to keep pace with changing operational needs, sustaining and recombining legacy systems, exploiting technology advances, and achieving global connectivity through software.
To address challenges such as these, the Research, Technology, and System Solutions (RTSS) Program focuses on system structure and behavior to
- advance architecture technology and practices for incremental, cost-effective development and evolution of assured and flexible system capabilities at all scales
- make software product line development and acquisition a low-risk, high-return proposition for all organizations
- develop principles and technology to understand, control, and bound the behavior of cyber-physical and social systems
- explore mobile systems and strategies that increase the flexibility of edge users to respond to diverse missions and tactical network infrastructure
Led by Program Director Linda Northrop, RTSS pursues this agenda through work in these areas:
Cutting across these areas, there is also a Concept Lab, which produces customer-oriented proof-of-concept demonstrations and technical experiments, and an Integrating Solutions effort, which integrates RTSS and other SEI technologies into customer-focused packaging.
Working with Us
- Research collaborations: Our researchers collaborate with others in academia, industry, and government to develop and test technologies.
- Customer solutions: We work with customers to address needs, such as evaluating an architecture, using architecture practices in an Agile environment, or developing strategies for acquisition and governance in a system-of-systems environment.
- Transition of results: We regularly publish research reports and offer training, licensing, and certificate and certification programs.
The RTSS team has several open positions for qualified candidates. Learn how you can join the RTSS team.
Download our information sheet.