Constantine Aaron Cois
Software Engineering Team Lead
Constantine Aaron Cois has the following primary responsibilities:
- Architecting software systems and solutions, particularly for large-scale and distributed systems
- Leading software projects and development teams throughout the SDLC
- Helping to define and implement team software development processes
- Mentoring other software developers within the DII team
- Researching advanced architectures and cloud technologies and providing expertise aid CERT's customers in transitioning technologies to this medium
Constantine Aaron Cois received his M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh for work developing novel systems and algorithms for medical image analysis. His research involved developing frameworks, algorithms, and data structures to efficiently perform complex statistical calculations on large amounts of data.
His background in machine learning and complex systems led him towards developing features and systems for data- and analysis-driven software applications for numerous companies, including UPMC and the CMU SEI. His current focus is on software architecture, particularly for real-time, distributed, and web-based systems.
Publications (recent or significant)
Cois, C. A., Beckwith, J., Wrubel, J., Herrman, J., VTE: The Virtual Training Environment - Advanced Virtual Lab Authoring and Delivery. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), Valencia, Spain, April 2010, Volume 1 pp. 208-214.
C.A. Cois, R. Tamburo, J. Galeotti, M. Sacks, G. Stetten, “Shells and Spheres: An n-Dimensional Framework for Medial-Based Image Segmentation,” International Journal of Biomedical Imaging. (IJBI/980872), 2010.
R. J. Tamburo, G. J. Siegle, G. D. Stetten, C. A. Cois, M. A. Butlers, C. F. Reynolds 3rd, H. J. Aizenstein, "Amygdalae Morphometry in Late-Life Depression", special issue 'Neuroimaging in Geriatric Psychiatry' of the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 2009.
C. A. Cois, K. Rockot, J. Galeotti, R. Tamburo, D. Gottlieb, Jr. J. E. Mayer, A. Powell, M. Sacks, and G. Stetten, “Automated segmentation of the right heart using an optimized shells and spheres algorithm,” in Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2007), 2007.
R. J. Tamburo, G. J. Siegle, G. D. Stetten, C. A. Cois, K. J. Rockot, J. M. Galeotti, C. F. Reynolds III, and H. J. Aizenstein, “Localizing amygdala structure differences in late-life depression,” in Proceedings of the Fourth IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2007), 2007.
- PhD, Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- MS, Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
Adjunct Professor, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University
95-706 Object-Oriented Analysis and Design