Principal Engineer, Applied Assurance Technologies
Lead and participate in efforts to develop, apply, and evaluate advanced software systems assurance technologies. Areas of interest include automated remediation, software supply chain risk management, application of complexity theory and cognitive science to software assurance, and measurement and evaluation of security, dependability, and supportability characteristics of software-reliant systems.
1990-2004: The Aerospace Corporation
Consulting, training, and research in software and systems acquisition, architecting, engineering and process improvement.
1984-1990: TRW Space and Technology Group (now Northrop Grumman Space Technology)
Software-intensive systems engineering and technical leadership. Responsible for system requirements analysis, software development planning, software requirements analysis, system and software design, coding and unit testing, integration and testing, acceptance testing, and maintenance.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Acquisition Overview: The Challenges. Build Security In. https://buildsecurityin.us-cert.gov/daisy/bsi/articles/best-practices/acquisition.html
- Assuring Software Systems Security: Life Cycle Considerations for Government Acquisitions. Build Security In. https://buildsecurityin.us-cert.gov/daisy/bsi/articles/best-practices/acquisition.html
- Requirements Traceability Metrics: An Overview. Eighth International Applications of Software Measurement Conference. Software Quality Engineering. Orange Park, FLA.
- Metrics for Requirements Engineering. Journal of Systems and Software. Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 39-63.
- A Method for Assessing Technical Progress and Quality Throughout the System Life Cycle (CMU/SEU-2009-TN-032). Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, 2009.
- BS, Electrical Engineering,
- MS, Computer Science