Technical Advisor to the Director
Robert Floodeen is the Technical Advisor to the Director for Carnegie Mellon University's Software Engineering Institute, a DoD-sponsored federally funded research and development center. In this role, he is a project manager for the SEI Director's Office, as well as a liaison between the Director's Office and the SEI's internal and external constituencies.
Prior to his current position, Robert has worked across federal and Department of Defense operations in the United States. He has led teams performing intrusion detection at the Pentagon, Army Research Lab, and for the Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN). Additionally, he spent several years managing CSIRT operations for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
- MS, Computer Science, James Madison University
- BS, Computer Science, Old Dominion University
- CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler, Software Engineering Institute - SEI
- CISSP, # 56383, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. - (ISC)²®
- Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams