The SEI offers software architecture courses and certificate and certification programs that are based on extensive SEI and community experience in architecting software-intensive systems. People from more than 900 organizations have attended courses in the SEI Software Architecture Curriculum, and more than 1,800 of them have earned software-architecture-related certificates.
Get Started Now with Software Architecture: Principles and Practices
The SEI Software Architecture: Principles and Practices course provides an introduction to software architecture. It is the result of expertise developed by the SEI over two decades and is based on the SEI book Software Architecture in Practice, the first and most frequently cited practitioner-oriented book about software architecture.
What you’ll learn in the Software Architecture: Principles and Practices course:
- what software architecture is
- how the architecture business cycle influences software architects and software architecture
- how to understand and achieve system qualities such as security, performance, and reliability
- how to use quality specifications to drive system design
- the importance of documenting software architecture
- methods for evaluating software architecture
- ways to make architecture reuse work for you
Software Architecture: Principles and Practices is available in SEI training centers or through our online option.
For complete descriptions and a schedule of all courses in the SEI Software Architecture Curriculum, visit our software architecture course page.
Certificate and Certification Programs
The SEI also offers the following certificates for software professionals: