A Discussion with CERT Experts: Constructing a Secure Cyber Future
Start Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
End Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
End Time: 5:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Event
About the Virtual Event
How confident are you that your organization's cyber environment is secure now? Or will be secure in a month? Or a year? Five years?
At the SEI, CERT experts have analyzed cyber incidents, threats, and concerns to boost confidence in anticipating and solving cyber problems today and provide the means to build a secure cyber future.
In this free virtual event, you will learn about recent cyber security research and development in:
- how the CERT Program is building a science-based understanding of cyber defense
- analyzing malicious code and vulnerabilities
- avoiding security incidents
- a new platform for cyber workforce development
- making your security practice good as it can be
- protecting against attack
- cyber security challenges to watch for in 2013 and beyond
10:00 – 10:30 Keynote 1: The Cyber Security R&D Pipeline – Building Capability through Science Greg Shannon, CERT Chief Scientist
10:30 – 11:30 Presentation 1: Observations of Successful Cyber Security Operations Roman Danyliw, CERT Technical Director
11:30 – 12:30 Presentation 2: Responding to a Large Scale Cybersecurity Incident Christian Roylo, Senior
Member of Technical Staff
12:30 – 1:00 Break
1:00 – 1:30 Keynote 2: 20+ Years of Cyber (in)Security, Richard Pethia, Director, CERT
1:30 – 2:30 Presentation 3: Secure Coding – Avoiding Future Security Incidents Robert Seacord, Secure Coding Team Lead
2:30 – 3:30 Presentation 4: Achieving Mission Assurance Through Resilience Management Nader Mehravari, Resilience Management Team Lead
3:30 – 4:00 Developing Your Cyber Workforce, Chris May, Technical Manager, Cyber Workforce Development
4:00 – 5:00 CERT STEPfwd (Simulation, Training and Exercise Platform) DEMO Dennis Allen, Technical Manager, Cyber Workforce Development
Who Should Attend?
- Security Managers and CISOs
- CIOs and CTOs
- Information Assurance Specialists
- System Administrators
- Network and IT Managers
- Anyone involved with cyber incident response and cyber security
To register: http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=583853&s=1&k=5E4796946B6897C34F544ADD1D1E1641
Sponsored by: Software Engineering Institute