ATAM Evaluator Certificate
Learn to apply a proven method to expose architectural risks that can inhibit the achievement of quality attribute goals and the system’s business or mission goals.
The ATAM Evaluator Certificate consists of coursework that will increase your knowledge of
- software architecture fundamentals
- quality attribute tradeoffs
- architecture evaluation
Some courses in this certificate may be taken online or in the classroom; choose training that fits your learning style, schedule, and budget. Explore all course options available for this certificate.
Value of Architecture Evaluation
The SEI Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM) is a proven, effective method for systematically evaluating software architectures for fitness of purpose. The ATAM exposes architectural risks that could inhibit the achievement of quality attribute goals and the system’s business/mission goals. Government and industry organizations have used the ATAM for more than 10 years to improve communication, expose architectural risks, clarify requirements, and produce better systems.
Learn to Apply a Proven Method
In the ATAM Evaluator Certificate Program, you will first build your understanding of software architecture fundamentals. Next, you will gain knowledge about the ATAM and about how to apply it to evaluate software architectures. Finally, you will learn by doing—you will participate in a simulation exercise that includes the steps, roles and responsibilities, and artifacts associated with the execution of an ATAM.
Benefits of the SEI ATAM Evaluator Professional Certificate
You and your organization gain when you attain a certificate as an ATAM Evaluator.
What You Gain
- skills to apply the Architecture Tradeoff Analysis Method (ATAM), a tool that has been used successfully for more than a decade to systematically evaluate software architectures for fitness of purpose
- increased knowledge of software architecture fundamentals, quality attribute tradeoffs, and architecture evaluation
- a certificate that does not expire
- the opportunity to work with instructors who created the ATAM
- association with the SEI and with Carnegie Mellon University
What Your Organization Gains
- better software architecture, the blueprint for both the product and the project developing it
- improved planning and execution of the development of software-reliant systems
- access to a library of tools, techniques, and templates that have helped companies become more market driven
- promotion of a culture of quality in software development
Planning for Attaining the SEI ATAM Evaluator Certificate
Completing our ATAM Evaluator Certificate is easier than ever, thanks to our course delivery options, including eLearning. The following courses are required in the SEI ATAM Evaluator Certificate program:
|Course Name||Available in These Formats||Duration|
|Software Architecture: Principles and Practices
|2 days (classroom or onsite) or 11 hours of instruction (eLearning)|
|ATAM Evaluator Training
|2 days (classroom or onsite)|
In addition to the coursework, you will need to pass an objective assessment of your knowledge of Software Architecture: Principles and Practices.
There is a two-year allowable time period for completing the SEI ATAM Evaluator Certificate program, starting on the date of completing the first course in the certificate sequence.
The certificate never expires.