Successful SOA Implementation Needs Architecture-Centric Engineering
To succeed, any architectural strategy, including service orientation, must be grounded in the core principles of architecture-centric engineering. The SEI Software Architecture Curriculum equips software professionals with the practices they need to design systems that achieve their business and quality goals. The curriculum is based on decades of experience in architecting software-reliant systems and supported by four widely acclaimed books in the Addison-Wesley SEI Series in Software Engineering.
Meet the Challenges of Service-Oriented System Development
Coursework in the SEI SOA Architect Professional Certificate program prepares you to plan and implement a service-oriented system. In addition, you will be equipped to address strategy, alignment with business goals, governance, testing, and security.
Get a sense of how our coursework can help you by viewing our free virtual tutorial on architecting service-oriented systems. View part 1 of the tutorial that covers architecture-centric design fundamentals and the impact of service orientation on system qualities. View part 2 to learn about SOA infrastructure design and service design considerations.
Benefits of the SEI SOA Architect Professional Certificate
You and your organization gain from your attaining a certificate as a SOA Architect Professional.
What You Gain
- skills to plan and implement development of a new service-oriented system or a migration of legacy systems to a SOA environment
- knowledge to address strategy, alignment with business goals, governance, testing, and security
- a certificate that does not expire
- the opportunity to learn from research leaders
- association with the SEI and Carnegie Mellon University
What Your Organization Gains
- improved planning and execution of projects involving software architecture and service-oriented systems
- access to a library of tools, techniques, and templates that have helped companies become more market driven
- promotion of a culture of quality in software development
Planning for Attaining the SEI SOA Architect Professional Certificate
Completing our SOA Architect Professional Certificate is easier than ever, thanks to our course delivery options, including eLearning. The following courses are required in the SEI SOA Architect Professional Certificate program:
||Available in These Formats
|Software Architecture: Principles and Practices
|2 days (classroom or onsite) or 11 hours of instruction (eLearning)|
|Service-Oriented Architecture: Best Practices for Successful Adoption
|1 day (classroom or onsite)|
|Advanced Topics in Service-Oriented Architecture
|2 days (classroom or onsite)|
In addition to the coursework, you will need to pass an objective assessment of your knowledge of Software Architecture: Principles and Practices.
There is a two-year allowable time period for completing the SEI SOA Architect Professional Certificate program, starting on the date of completing the first course in the certificate sequence.
The certificate never expires.