This course is valuable for
- ATAM evaluators who want to improve their ATAM facilitation skills
- ATAM evaluators who want to become SEI-Certified ATAM Leaders
This two-day course develops the social and leadership skills needed to successfully lead an architecture evaluation using the ATAM. Through exercises, you will practice ways to
- manage the multiple people with diverse viewpoints involved in an ATAM evaluation
- determine when to engage and when to observe
- ensure that all participants are doing the right job
In particular, the course covers
- ATAM leader roles and responsibilities
- basic facilitation techniques
- managing group dynamics
- applying the techniques during ATAM evaluations
Before attending this course, you must have successfully completed these SEI training courses:
We also strongly recommend that all attendees participate in at least one ATAM evaluation before taking this course.
As a result of completing this course, you will be able to
- apply proven meeting-management and facilitation techniques during an ATAM evaluation
- manage the roles of ATAM participants
- listen for architectural risks and capture them faithfully
ATAM Leader Training is an interactive course. Your classmates will come from a range of government agencies and industry sectors, each bringing a unique perspective.
You can expect group work, exercises, and individualized Q&A sessions. You will receive a copy of lecture slides and exercises.
This two-day classroom course meets daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET) in our U.S. training centers. In our international training centers, the course meets from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., local time.
The SEI can deliver this course at customer sites by special arrangement.
Download the ATAM Leader Training course outline.
Download our training justification letter template. This letter can be tailored to help you make a case to your manager for taking this course.
Related Courses and Certificates
There are a couple of our courses that you'll need to complete before you can attend this one:
By completing those courses and the ATAM Leader Training course, you'll be on your way to becoming an SEI-Certified ATAM Leader. The coursework and observation exercise that make up the ATAM Leader certification provide a qualified software professional with the technical depth and social techniques that are essential to leading SEI-authorized ATAM evaluations..
SEI Training Logistics
We've gathered some key information that you'll need to know, now that you've registered for one of our courses. For other questions, please
- Contact our registration office by calling +1 412-268-7388
- Email us at email@example.com
- Have a look at our FAQs
For public courses at an SEI training center
- Your registration fee includes materials, continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks.
- Check-in and breakfast begin 1/2 hour before the course begins.
- The dress code for the course is casual/casual business attire.
- The SEI in Pittsburgh is a secure building. You'll receive a badge that must be worn visibly at all times while in the facility. For your convenience, prior to arrival, please review the SEI Security Policy for Course Attendees.
- To arrange accommodations/services for disabilities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org) or +1 412-268-7622 at least three weeks prior to the course start date.
Software requirements for the SEI learning portal
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT 4.0/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista/Mac OS X
- Browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above / Mozilla Firefox
- Configure your browser to allow pop-ups from the SEI Learning Portal (http://learning.sei.cmu.edu)
Where to stay
- We've reserved a block of rooms at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, 100 Lytton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213. The hotel will hold these rooms until three weeks prior to the course.
- For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at +1 412-682-6200 and confirm that you are speaking with In-House reservations. To receive the SEI group rate or the government rate, please mention the course title and date. Please note: You must make reservations by phone in order to receive the SEI Group or Government special rates. These rates are not available when making reservations online.
- The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center offers complimentary shuttle service to the SEI and anywhere within three miles of the hotel. For more information, please contact the hotel concierge.
- A list of additional hotel recommendations and directions can also be found at http://www.sei.cmu.edu/training/registration/travel-pittsburgh.cfm.
If you need to transfer your registration to a different SEI course
You may transfer your registration fees from one SEI course offering to another that occurs within 12 months. Just email us a request to email@example.com or FAX it to 412-268-7401. For a first transfer, there's no charge if you make your request no less than three weeks before the course date. Within three week, you'll be charged a $50 fee.
If you need to send a substitute to the course you registered for
If you are unable to attend the course you registered for, you may send a qualified colleague in your place for most SEI courses. To request a substitution, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of the original attendee
- Name/email address of substitute attendee
- Title and date of course
We'll email the substitute attendee will receive a confirmation.
If you have to cancel your registration
Email cancellation requests to SEI Course Registration at email@example.com or FAX to 412-268-7401.
If we have to cancel your course
If we have to cancel a course offering due to low enrollment, we'll offer you the choice of a refund of the registration fee, transfer to a different date of the same course, or transfer to a different SEI course of equal price.
Our refund policy
We'll issue a refund for
- written cancellations that we receive no less than three weeks before the course begins (less a $75.00 administrative fee)
- course cancellations that we initiate
We cannot give a refund after the course begins or for a course missed to an act of God.
Train your team
Many SEI courses can be held at your location. We're flexible on pricing and dates, and we'll work with you to tailor the course content to suit your needs. Learn more about team training in your location by calling +1 412-268-7622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.