Part of the SEI Series in Software Engineering
Organizations are now competing in two markets, one for their products and services and one for the talent required to produce or perform them. Success in the former is determined by success in the latter. The ability to compete is directly related to the ability to attract, develop, motivate, organize, and retain the talented people needed to accomplish strategic business objectives.
The People CMM, as documented in this authoritative book, is a framework for human capital management. Broadly adopted by small and large organizations worldwide, it provides proven tools for addressing strategic workforce and critical people issues. It helps organizations:
- Establish workforce practices aligned with current and future business objectives
- Characterize the maturity of workforce practices
- Guide a program of continuous workforce development
- Integrate workforce development with continual process improvement
People CMM, Second Edition, documents Version 2 of the People CMM and
- Describes practices for each maturity level, with guidance on how to interpret and apply them
- Explains capabilities for workforce development at each maturity level
- Shows how to apply the framework as a workforce assessment standard and a guide in planning and implementing improvement
- Presents case studies to illustrate how the People CMM has lead organizations to effective, repeatable, and lasting success in workforce development
The book is aimed at people responsible for developing and implementing human capital strategies and plans in their organizations, managing or developing the workforce, implementing advanced workforce practices, nurturing teams, and transforming organizational culture. It is especially useful for businesses undergoing critical organizational changes.