« More News Stories
November 1, 2011—The SEI Technologies Forum, a virtual event hosted by the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute (SEI) on October 20, drew more than 700 participants from five continents and 52 countries from around the globe. Attendees engaged with experts and were introduced to state-of-the-art work in the fields of cloud computing, insider threat, Agile development, software architecture, security, measurement, process improvement, and acquisition.
Attendees spent the day learning about the latest research in software, systems, and security and engaging with SEI technologists via an interactive, virtual platform. SEI Technologies Forum presentations are archived for on-demand viewing at http://www.sei.cmu.edu/go/technologies-forum/.
The full-day line-up included eight presentations from SEI technologists on the latest solutions that are meeting the needs of customers and partners in government and industry. These sessions included
- Architectural Implications of Cloud Computing by Grace Lewis
- Agile Development and Architecture: Understanding Scale and Risk by Ipek Ozkaya
- The Insider Threat: Lessons Learned from Actual Insider Attacks by Randy Trzeciak
- CMMI for Services: The Strategic Landscape for Service by Eileen Forrester
- Measuring Operational Resilience by Julia Allen
- Software Acquisition Program Dynamics by William E. Novak
- A Brief Survey of the Team Software Process (TSP) by James McHale
Paul Nielsen, director and CEO, and Douglas Schmidt, CTO, opened the morning and afternoon sessions with remarks on the state of the industry.
“The SEI Technologies Forum was a unique, accessible, and convenient way for software professionals from around the globe to engage with SEI Technologists who are leading the way in software, systems, and security,” said Schmidt. “The SEI acts as an honest broker of valuable information, and the SEI Technologies Forum helped to achieve this goal by offering valuable research and solutions to those who want to achieve strategic organizational advantages.”