Randy is the Chief Systems Architect for a large strategic pursuit within Raytheon. He is also the Demonstration lead for another large strategic pursuit. He is also the chair of the Systems Engineering Technical Network with Raytheon. Before that, Randy was the North Texas Systems Engineering Center Director for Raytheon’s Network Centric Systems (NCS) business, managing nearly 200 Systems Engineers, Specialty Engineers, Engineering Fellows, and Scientists. He was the Technical Area Director (TAD) at Raytheon for Architectures and Systems Integration for 2003-2004, where he established the Raytheon Architecture Review Board (ARB) and the Raytheon Certified Architect Program (RCAP). RCAP was accredited by The Open Group in March 2009. Previous to the TAD position, he was the architect of the Raytheon Integrated Product Development System (IPDS). He was the Lead Systems Engineer for IPDS, and the lead engineer on two programs and has worked as an engineer on a number of programs both large and small, defense and commercial related. He has a BSEE from the University of Texas (at Arlington). He is the head of the INCOSE Standards Technical Committee, and has contributed to a number of systems related standards (IEEE-1220, ISO 15288, and others). He is a senior member of IEEE.
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Birds of a Feather Sessions Announced! »
- SATURN 2009 Panel: Exploring Boundaries Among Enterprise, System, and Software Architectures »
- Information Seminar: How to Effectively Evaluate Software Architecture and Identify Risks »
- Looking For Ways To Improve Your Architecture? You’re Not Alone. »
- Organizations from the Aerospace Corporation to Westinghouse have attended previous SATURN conferences. Check out the entire list. »
- Complete Your Training Experience at SATURN 2009 – Take SAPP Course and Exam! »
- Economics-Driven Architecting and Pattern-Oriented Architecture Among SATURN 2009 Tutorial Topics »
- Popular Architecture Practices and SOA Courses Co-Located at SATURN 2009 »
- Your organization can stand out at
SATURN 2009. Find out about
sponsorship opportunities »
- John A. Zachman to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
- View the slides from the Exploring Architecture At All Scales webinar
- Rebecca Wirfs-Brock to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
Join SATURN Network mailing List here:
SEI Members save an additional 15% off the conference fee! Not a member? Join now »
Another benefit to SEI Membership is The Monitor, a monthly publication exclusively for members.
For a look at the January 2009 issue that focused on architecture-centric practices, download it here »
Listen to Eoin Woods discuss the software architecture practices in the Barclays Global Investors environment.