Mark W. Maier
Dr. Mark W. Maier is an author and practitioner of systems architecting, the art and science of creating complex systems. He is co-author, with Dr. Eberhardt Rechtin, of The Art of Systems Architecting, Third Edition, CRC Press, the mostly widely used textbook on systems architecting, as well more than 50 papers on systems engineering, architecting, and sensor analysis. Since 1998, he has been a Distinguished Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation, a non-profit corporation that operates a Federally Funded Research and Development Center with oversight responsibility for the U.S. National Security Space Program. At Aerospace he founded the systems architecting training program (an internal and external training program) and applies architecting methods to government and commercial clients, particularly in portfolios-of-systems and research and development problems. He received the BS and MS degrees from the California Institute of Technology and the Engineer and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California. While at USC, he held a Hughes Aircraft Company Doctoral Fellowship, where he was also employed as a section head. Prior to coming to The Aerospace Corporation he was an Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Alabama at Huntsville.
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Birds of a Feather Sessions Announced! »
- SATURN 2009 Panel: Exploring Boundaries Among Enterprise, System, and Software Architectures »
- Information Seminar: How to Effectively Evaluate Software Architecture and Identify Risks »
- Looking For Ways To Improve Your Architecture? You’re Not Alone. »
- Organizations from the Aerospace Corporation to Westinghouse have attended previous SATURN conferences. Check out the entire list. »
- Complete Your Training Experience at SATURN 2009 – Take SAPP Course and Exam! »
- Economics-Driven Architecting and Pattern-Oriented Architecture Among SATURN 2009 Tutorial Topics »
- Popular Architecture Practices and SOA Courses Co-Located at SATURN 2009 »
- Your organization can stand out at
SATURN 2009. Find out about
sponsorship opportunities »
- John A. Zachman to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
- View the slides from the Exploring Architecture At All Scales webinar
- Rebecca Wirfs-Brock to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
Join SATURN Network mailing List here:
SEI Members save an additional 15% off the conference fee! Not a member? Join now »
Another benefit to SEI Membership is The Monitor, a monthly publication exclusively for members.
For a look at the January 2009 issue that focused on architecture-centric practices, download it here »
Listen to Eoin Woods discuss the software architecture practices in the Barclays Global Investors environment.