SATURN 2009 Panel: Exploring Boundaries Among Enterprise, System, and Software Architectures
As systems grow in complexity in today's software-reliant world, architecture's role becomes crucial at all levels. The theme of SATURN 2009, "architecture at all scales," aims to motivate exploring architecture practices that pertain to understanding and better establishing the relationships between enterprise, system, and software architectures. In line with this goal, the panel will be dedicated to understanding the information exchange among these genres and the gaps caused by conflicting or missing practices.
Randy Case, Panelist
Mark W. Maier, Panelist
Rebecca Wirfs-Brock, Panelist
John A. Zachman, Panelist
Paul Clements, Facilitator
The questions that motivate this panel are the following:
- What key information does each genre require from others to achieve its own goals?
- What key practices lie at the boundaries of each genre?
- What best practices exist that assist architecture-centric practices to be conducted at all scales?
- What are the challenges that architects working across various genres are likely to face?
- What are some recommendations for overcoming those challenges?
- What information is typically missing at each of the boundaries between genres?
- What keeps the various genres from coordinating and communicating with each other?
The SATURN 2009 panel discussion will take place May 6 from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. Don't miss the opportunity to hear this distinguished panel talk about architecture's boundaries. Register for SATURN 2009 today.
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Birds of a Feather Sessions Announced! »
- SATURN 2009 Panel: Exploring Boundaries Among Enterprise, System, and Software Architectures »
- Information Seminar: How to Effectively Evaluate Software Architecture and Identify Risks »
- Looking For Ways To Improve Your Architecture? You’re Not Alone. »
- Organizations from the Aerospace Corporation to Westinghouse have attended previous SATURN conferences. Check out the entire list. »
- Complete Your Training Experience at SATURN 2009 – Take SAPP Course and Exam! »
- Economics-Driven Architecting and Pattern-Oriented Architecture Among SATURN 2009 Tutorial Topics »
- Popular Architecture Practices and SOA Courses Co-Located at SATURN 2009 »
- Your organization can stand out at
SATURN 2009. Find out about
sponsorship opportunities »
- John A. Zachman to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
- View the slides from the Exploring Architecture At All Scales webinar
- Rebecca Wirfs-Brock to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
Join SATURN Network mailing List here:
SEI Members save an additional 15% off the conference fee! Not a member? Join now »
Another benefit to SEI Membership is The Monitor, a monthly publication exclusively for members.
For a look at the January 2009 issue that focused on architecture-centric practices, download it here »
Listen to Eoin Woods discuss the software architecture practices in the Barclays Global Investors environment.