This three-day course introduces those interested in becoming SEI-Certified SGMM Navigators to the SGMM Navigation Process. This process provides utilities with essential planning support and puts you in position to initiate new engagements and gain follow-on work with your utility customers.
| U.S. Industry
| U.S. Government/Academic
Who Should Attend
- Systems Integrators
- Individuals who can find value in assisting utilities through Smart Grid Maturity Model (SGMM) planning and implementation
For course dates and to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is composed of lectures, case study, and exercises, with many opportunities for discussion and Q&A sessions. In order to prepare for the SGMM workshop experience, you will explore all 175 aspects of a smart grid implementation that are contained in the SGMM. Developed by utilities for utilities, the SGMM is a comprehensive analysis and planning tool.
In particular, the course covers
- an overview of the SGMM
- an overview of the SGMM Navigation process
- comprehensive preparation to conduct the five-step SGMM Navigation process: Preparation, Survey Workshop, Analysis, Aspirations Workshop, and Action Planning
- how you might integrate SGMM Navigation services with your own analysis tools and services
- details about partnering with the SEI for SGMM Navigation
Your participation in class activities and an exam will determine your successful completion of the course.
This course fulfills a prerequisite requirement for becoming an SEI-Certified SGMM Navigator. Before attending this course, you should
- possess strong industry knowledge and experience
- be sponsored by an SEI Partner
- submit the Certification Application Package (Please allow sufficient time for the SEI to review your qualifications and approve your participation prior to the course date.)
- successfully complete an open book pretest
As a result of successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- deliver an SGMM overview
- plan and conduct a survey workshop that results in high-integrity (consistent and correct) data
- validate and analyze SGMM Compass survey data to produce insightful findings about the organization's current status
- plan and conduct an aspirations workshop that establishes a cohesive, cross-organizational, and consensus profile of an organization's smart grid aspirations
- understand roles and responsibilities of an SEI-certified SGMM Navigator
- understand the final steps of becoming an SEI-certified SGMM Navigator
- increase your knowledge of the utility industry and provide additional value to your customers
The SGMM Navigator Training course features an interactive classroom environment that includes a case study that simulates all aspects of the SGMM Navigation process. This allows the students to role-play the facilitation skills required while also gaining the detailed understanding of the model required to lead a Navigation.
Course participants will receive a copy of the SGMM Navigator Process Resource notebook and a course notebook with copies of the course slides and exercises. The Navigator Resource notebook contains checklists, templates, and step-by-step guidance on the SGMM Navigation process.
In our US training centers, this three-day course is scheduled to run from 8:30 to 5:00 pm ET daily. On the afternoon of the third day, participants will take the exam.
The SEI can deliver this course by special arrangement at customer locations.