Intermediate Concepts of CMMI for Development End of Course Exam
To successfully complete the Intermediate Concepts of CMMI for Development course, you must attend the course in its entirety and pass a closed-book examination designed to evaluate your understanding of important CMMI concepts. The exam is administered on the fifth day of the course from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Alternatively, an online version of the exam is available for a fee of $250 to course attendees who are unable to take the exam on the fifth day of class. Attendees who choose to take the exam online must do so within 4 weeks of course completion. Certificates of course completion will be awarded only to attendees who have both passed the exam and met the course attendance requirements.
The purpose of the examination is to evaluate your understanding of important CMMI concepts to help ensure that you have the knowledge necessary to successfully work with organizations adopting the CMMI model, perform appraisals, teach, and/or coach the implementation of CMMI-related processes.
The exam consists of multiple-choice and short-answer questions. You must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly in order to pass the exam. You will be allotted four hours to complete the closed-book exam.
The questions are drawn from the following topic areas:
- CMMI Framework / Architecture / Constellations (3 questions)
- Model Structure / Representations / Equivalent Staging (11 questions)
- PA Components (6 questions)
- Generic Goals and Practices / Institutionalization (15 questions)
- GP/PA and PA/PA Relationships (13 questions)
- Maturity Levels (5 questions)
- PA-specific Content (65 questions)
- Using CMMI (Implementation) / Process Appraisal (SCAMPI) (4 questions)
- Terminology / Glossary (14 questions)
Online Exam Registration/Testing Center Information
Use the following instructions to register for the exam and/or to view a listing of testing centers.
Please note: This exam is available only to individuals who have attended the Intermediate Concepts of CMMI for Development course. The cost for the online exam is $250.
- Go to http://www.webassessor.com/wa.do?page=publicHome&branding=SEI and create a testing account profile if you do not already have one.
- Click "Register for Exam," located on the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click the "Buy Now" button next to "Intermediate Concepts of CMMI End of Course Exam." You can browse the list of testing locations without buying the exam.
- Use the location options at the top of the page to search for a testing location near you, then follow the on-screen instructions to schedule and purchase your exam.
Exam Retake Policy
- If a student does not pass the exam, he/she may retake the exam once. All retakes must be taken online. To schedule a retake, contact the SEI at email@example.com. There is a waiting period of one week between the first exam and the retake. The retake exam must be taken within 4 weeks of the first attempt. This is true whether the initial exam was taken on the last day of class or online at a testing center. The cost for retaking the exam is $250.
- If a student does not pass the retake exam, he/she fails the course.
Exam Refund Policy
- If a student needs to cancel their exam, they may do so and receive a full refund by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled exam time.
- If less notice is provided, only a partial refund will be issued.
- Once a student has taken the exam, no refund will be issued.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.