Persons interested in taking the Instructor Training for CMMI for Development course must first complete an application process. One of the requirements of this process is the successful completion of an entrance examination. While passing the exam is a prerequisite to taking the course, it is only one part of the application package. The entire application process, as outlined in the course description, must be completed before an applicant will be accepted into the Instructor Training class.
The purpose of the examination is to determine if the applicant is adequately prepared for the course. Exam content goes beyond that of the Intermediate Concepts of CMMI for Development course in the following ways:
The exam consists of 52 multiple choice questions. Successful completion of the exam involves answering at least 80% of the questions correctly.
2.0 hours will be allotted for each individual to complete the closed-book exam.
The questions are drawn from the following topic areas:
The exam fee is $250. To register for the exam:
1. Go to http://www.webassessor.com/wa.do?page=publicHome&branding=SEI and select Register for Exam.
2. If you are a new user, follow the instructions found in the first bullet.
3. Click on the Buy Now button next to CMMI-DEV Instructor Training Entrance Exam. You can browse the list of testing locations without buying the exam.
4. Once you have decided on a test site, you can select that location by clicking the box next to the name of the test site and then clicking on the Select button.
5. After selecting a test site, you will be shown a calendar with available dates and a list of available start times for the site you have selected.
6. After scheduling your test session and acknowledging that you have read the “no-shows and cancellations” policy, click the Select button.
7. You will now be able to review your selections. If you wish to proceed to checkout and purchase the exam, click on Check Out.
8. Once in checkout, you will be asked to provide your billing and payment information.
9. After the exam has been purchased, you will receive an email that confirms your purchase and provides important information about your testing session, including your candidate authorization code. You will need this information in order to take the exam. We suggest you print out a copy of this email and take it with you to your testing session.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Registration is not available for this course without completion of the application process to become an SEI-Certified Instructor for Introduction to CMMI-DEV. Candidates will receive a registration form for this course with the certification acceptance packet. This course is scheduled on an as needed basis. Once you have been accepted, you will be contacted by the course administrator to begin the registration process.
Please review Terms and Conditions related to SEI Public Courses.
For more information
Phone: +1 412-268-7622
Please tell us what you
think with this short
(< 5 minute) survey.