Senior Member of Technical Staff
Ed is a senior member of the System of Systems Practice (SoSP) Initiative in the Research, Technology, and System Solutions (RTSS) program. His current research is focused on the use of mobile computing devices and service-oriented computing in tactical environments, identity management approaches for situations where handheld devices are used, and end-user programming with handheld devices.
Before his current focus on mobile computing, Ed investigated system-of-systems interoperability issues, created guidelines for commercial off-the-shelf software use, and developed tools to predict the performance of multitasking systems. Prior to coming to the SEI, Ed was an instructor at Bowling Green State University in Computer Science and the School of Education.
Publications (recent or significant)
- "Web Services for Ad Hoc and Resource-Impoverished Environments. with Dan Plakosh, Soumya Simanta, William Anderson, and Joseph Seibel, Networking and Electronic Commerce Research Conference 2010 (NAEC 2010).
- "Testing in Service-Oriented Environments," with William Anderson et al., CMU/SEI-2010-TR-011, 2010.
- "SMART: Analyzing the Reuse Potential of Legacy Components in a Service-Oriented Architecture Environment," with Grace Lewis et al., CMU/SEI-2008-TN-008, 2008.
- "Common Misconceptions about Service-Oriented Architecture," with Grace Lewis et al., Crosstalk, November 2007. http://www.stsc.hill.af.mil/crosstalk/2007/11/0711LewisMorrisSmithSimantaWrage.html
- "Proceedings of the System of Systems Interoperability Workshop," with Linda Levine et al., CMU/SEI-2003-TN-016, 2003.
System of Systems Practice (SoSP)