SEI Cosponsors Agile for Government Summit
November 11, 2013 • Article
November 11, 2013—A team of SEI researchers, along with SEI Director Paul Nielsen, will join other leaders from industry and government at the "Agile for Government Summit" to be held November 20-22, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Va. Conducted in partnership with the Association for Enterprise Information (AFEI), the summit will address the ways in which agile software development methods are shaping government acquisition practices. It will also take up issues related to the changing technological landscape of information-intensive businesses.
Organizers of the summit recognize that even as agile methods have been widely adopted throughout the software-development community, their adoption by government entities has often been hindered by challenges related to processes, practices, precedent, and culture. Consequently, the goal of this summit is to promote a better understanding of agile methods and how they can help government organizations implement the kind of incremental and modular acquisition approaches outlined in the 2012 presidential directive on digital government.
The SEI's Nielsen will open the event. Other participating SEI staff include the following:
- David Zubrow will deliver the summit's keynote address.
- Ipek Ozkaya will present "Why Should Government Care About Technical Debt and Software Architecture?"
- Ozkaya and Robert Nord will facilitate the panel "Technical Debt and Architecture."
- Stephany Bellomo will present "Dev Ops—Latest Fad or Something New?"
- Bellomo will also facilitate the panel "Dev Ops in Government."
- Mary Ann Lapham will serve as master of ceremonies and SEI program chair.
- Lapham and Suzanne Miller will facilitate the panel "The Agile PM—What Does She Need?"
Registration for the "Agile for Government Summit" is free for government employees and academia. In addition, the SEI will live stream of the event.
To register and learn more about the "Agile for Government Summit," please visit the AFEI's summit website.
To access the SEI's free live stream of the "Agile for Government Summit," please open the following URL during a scheduled summit event and complete the brief registration form: http://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/ListenPage?companyId=139&webcastId=2741.