I have contributed to the Sofware Architecture group in the following tasks/topics:
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Professional training in architecture
- Software architecture documentation and UML (visit our wiki)
- Architecture enforcement
- Model-driven engineering (MDE)
- Java EE and Microsoft .NET technologies
- ATAM evaluations
- Architecture reconstruction
I also contributed to the group that investigates predictability by construction.
I have over 20 years of experience in software engineering. I've worked in the development of applications in various domains and using various platforms and technologies, from IBM mainframes to Google Web Tookit. I also worked with software process definition, data modeling, information security, performance analysis, usability evaluation, and, of course, software architecture.
In addition to contributing to the SEI as a visiting scientist, I work in industry as a software architect. I have also given presentations at various practitioner conferences, such as SD Best Practices, Dr. Dobb’s Architecture & Design World, JavaOne, SATURN conference, and the International SOA & Cloud Symposium.
Prior to joining the SEI, I was a J2EE consultant and worked in the implementation of several enterprise applications.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Architecting Service-Oriented Systems. CMU/SEI-2011-TN-008.
- Documenting Software Architectures: Views and Beyond, Second Edition. Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Data Model as an Architectural View. CMU/SEI-2009-TN-024.
- Service Level Agreements in Service-Oriented Architecture Environments. CMU/SEI-2008-TN-021.
- Model-Driven Performance Analysis, with Gabriel Moreno, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures.
- Using Aspect-Oriented Programming to Enforce Architecture. CMU/SEI-2007-TN-019.
- Evaluating a Service-Oriented Architecture. CMU/SEI-2007-TR-015.
- Quality Attributes for Service-Oriented Architectures. SDSOA workshop, ICSE 2007.
- Attribute-Driven Design (ADD), Version 2.0. CMU/SEI-2006-TR-023.
- A Comparison of Requirements Specification Methods from a Software Architecture Perspective. CMU/SEI-2006-TR-013.
- Experience Using the Web-Based Tool Wiki for Architecture Documentation, with Felix Bachmann. CMU/SEI-2005-TN-041.
- Representing Aspects in the Software Architecture - Practical Considerations. Early Aspects Workshop, OOPSLA 2005.
- Quality Attributes and Service-Oriented Architectures. CMU/SEI-2005-TN-014.
- Reasoning Frameworks. CMU/SEI-2005-TR-007.
- Performance Property Theories for Predictable Assembly from Certifiable Components (PACC). CMU/SEI-2004-TR-017.
- Managing J2EE Risks, Software Development Magazine, July/2004 issue.
- Using Architecture Evaluation to Prepare a Large Web Based System for Evolution, with Dennis Smith, Proceedings of Workshop on Web Site Evolution, 2003.
- Brazilian Computer Society
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)