Senior Member of Technical Staff
Stephany Bellomo is a Senior Member of the Technical Staff at Carnegie Mellon's Software Engineering Institute (SEI) within the Software Solutions Division (SSD). Ms. Bellomo is an active member of the Value-Driven Incremental Development research team. Ms. Bellomo teaches SEI courses in Service-Oriented Architecture Migration of Legacy Components and Software Architecture Principles and Practice. She is also currently supporting the DoD-focused Agile Acquisition research effort led by the Acquisition Support Program. In addition, Ms. Bellomo provides client support for a variety of DoD and industry clients and software domains (e.g., satellite, business systems, health care systems). Ms. Bellomo served as the 2013 Tutorial Chair for the SEI Architecture User Network (SATURN).
Ms. Bellomo has over 15 years experience in the software field. Prior to joining the SEI, Prior to transitioning to SSD, has served as the Chief Engineer for Civil and Defense Agencies within the SEI's Acquisition Support Program. Ms. Bellomo spent several years as a software developer, databased administrator and technical lead for the delivery of real-time and enterprise software systems for several commercial companies such as Lockheed Martin, Intuit, and Verisign Network Solutions. Ms. Bellomo has experience programming in languages such as C, C++, Java, Corba, and Ada. She has successfully led joint cross-agency software development projects for government clients such as the Centers for Disease Control, the National Center for Counterterrorism and the Department of National Intelligence. Stephany Bellomo is a Senior Member of the Technical Staff at Carnegie Mellon's Software Engineering Institute (SEI). Ms. Bellomo received a M.S. in Software Engineering from the George Mason University. She received Software Architecture Certification from Carnegie Mellon's SEI in September 2007. She teaches SEI courses in Service-Oriented Architecture Migration of Legacy Components and Software Architecture Principles and Practices. Ms. Bellomo currently supports the Value-Driven Incremental Development team and also provides technical software support for clients such as the Army and Department of Homeland Security. Ms. Bellomo received PMP Certification from the Project Management Institute in 2005 and maintains an active certification status.
Publications (recent or significant)
- A Study of Enabling Factors for Rapid Fielding, Combined Practices to Balance Tension between Speed and Stability, S. Bellomo, I. Ozkaya, R. Nord,(ICSE Conference 2013
- Elaboration on an Integrated Architecture and Requirement Practice, Prototyping with Quality Attribute Focus, S. Bellomo, I. Ozkaya, R. Nord (ICSE Conference 2013, Twin Peaks Workshop
- Boiling down Section 804: Considerations for DoD Agile Program Managers, 2012
- Suggestions for Documenting Service-Oriented Architectures, SEI TN, 2009
- Attributes of Effective Systems of System Configuration Management, IEEE Systems Conference, 2008
- Challenges for Real-time, Embedded Safety Critical Systems, Army ASSIP (limited distribution)
- Guidelines for Software Recapitalization, NRO (limited distribution)
- MS, Computer Engineering, George Mason University
- BA, Business, Virginia Polytechnical Institute (Virginia Tech)
- Association of thee US Army