Senior Member of Technical Staff
Support Navy and other Government program offices acquire software-intensive systems by providing practical guidance (e.g., with regard to requirements engineering and system/software architectures). Take part in Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) between the Government Program Office and Defense Contractors. Develop and maintain new technologies such as methods for engineering safety and security requirements as well as assessing the quality of system requirements and architectures.
Developer of the QUality Assessment of software-intensive System Architectures and Requirements (QUASAR) method. Founding Chair of the OPEN Process Framework Repository Organization (www.opfro.org). Chair of the International Requirements for High-Assurance Systems (RHAS) Workshop and the International OTS-Based Development Methods (IOTSDM) Workshop. Author of 6 books (www.donald-firesmith.com/Firesmith/Books.html) and dozens of articles (www.donald-firesmith.com/Firesmith/Articles.html). Currently completing a book titled Engineering Safety- and Security-Related Requirements for Software-Intensive Systems. Extensive experience in process engineering, requirements engineering, architecture engineering, and object technology.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Donald Firesmith, Peter Capell, Tom Merendino, Charles Hammons, DeWitt Latimer, Dietrich Falkenthal, The Method Framework for Engineering System Architectures (MFESA), Auerbach Publishing, ISBN 978-1-4200-8575-4.
- Donald Firesmith and Edward Eykhold, Dictionary of Object Technology: The Definitive Desk Reference, SIGS Books, 1995, ISBN 1-884842-09-7
- Donald Firesmith, Brian Henderson-Sellers, and Ian Graham, OPEN Modeling Language (OML) Reference Manual, SIGS Books, 1997, ISBN 1-884842-75-5
- Donald Firesmith, Scott Krutsch, Marshall Stowe, and Greg Hendley, Documenting a Complete Java Application Using OPEN, Addison-Wesley, 1998, ISBN 0-20134277-2
- Donald Firesmith and Brian Henderson-Sellers, The OPEN Process Framework, Addison-Wesley, 2002, ISBN 0-201-67510-2
Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS)
Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES-R)
- MA, Mathematics, Arizona State University
- BA, Mathematics, Linfield College