Agile in Government: Concepts for Senior Executives
This 2-4 hour tutorial is designed for a small group of senior executives in a program or enterprise who are contemplating or are already in progress with adoption of Agile approaches in the organization within their purview. The tutorial includes the opportunity for discussion about practical application of concepts at the executive level.
Government decision makers in programs already interacting with contractor Agile teams or within an Agile enterprise.
Attendees who complete the course should be able to:
High-level overviews of the following topics:
- Agile Basics: life cycles, Agile Manifesto, principles, methods, and practices
- New Role for Government: Product Owner
- Agile Insight and Oversight: technical reviews, requirements management, progress measurement
- Agile in the Larger Eco-System: systems engineering, contracting, testing, certification, OSD policy
- Enabling an Agile Culture: models that support adoption, Readiness & Fit Analysis Summary
Participants will receive tutorial materials and reference handouts.
This course has no prerequisites.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.