Secure DevOps Process and Implementation
This 4.5 hour virtual, asynchronous course is designed for managers, developers and operational teams to offer a comprehensive training on DevOps principles and process, and to identify techniques for project planning, development, and deployment from start to finish. Specifically, this course will expose attendees to reference architectures and uses cases on Continuous Integration (CI) tools and practices, including technical demonstrations and practical scenarios.
Anyone working in software development, including technical managers, technical leads, developers, QA engineers, release/deployment engineers and operational support staff who
- want to bring DevOps to their organization
- want to improve their existing DevOps strategy
- are looking for solutions to manage evolving software development needs
- are challenged by slow deployment cycles
- see a disconnect between business needs, development and operational teams
- are looking for strategies to convince their business of the benefits of DevOps
Participants will come away with a solid understanding of the realities of DevOps, from tools and techniques to culture and specific organizational business and operational needs. By focusing on common pitfalls and missteps, presenters will help attendees navigate the challenging tasks of adapting DevOps theories, practices, and tools to meet their particular business needs, and to provide measurable value to their organizations.
- What is DevOps?
- Organizational Needs and linking Business into DevOps
- Communication and Collaboration
- Infrastructure as Code
- Continuous Integration & Testing
- Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Process Monitoring and Measurement
- Workshop Summary and Q/A
Once registered, learners will be granted 24-hour-a-day access to the course material for 12 months.
Learners can proceed through the course at their convenience and can review and repeat individual sections as often as needed.
The course provides video-recorded training sessions that were presented by SEI CERT instructors as a webinar to students representing a variety of industries. Instructor demonstrations included with the course explain the concepts taught and how they can be successfully applied.
All training content is available for students to download.
It is recommended that participants have some experiences in the software development planning, delivering and deploying process.
To access the SEI Learning Portal, your computer must have the following:
- For optimum viewing, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- These browsers are supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher), OSX (Last two major releases), Most Linux Distributions
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS 9, Android 6.0
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation we will support the last 2 major version of each of these browsers. Please note that as of January 2018, we do not support Safari on Windows.
This is an eLearning course.Register Now
Course Fees [USD]
- eLearning: $100.00
Your access period of 12 months is based on your enrollment date.
Learners will have 12 months to complete the course. Upon completing all course modules, the learner is awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
If you wish to purchase this course for a group of learners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at +1 412-268-7388 for group rate details.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.