CERT Insider Threat Program Manager Certificate
Certificate • Insider Threat
Fulfill Executive Order 13587
Executive Order 13587 requires federal agencies that operate or access classified computer networks to implement an insider threat detection and prevention program. Proposed changes to the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) would require the same of contractors that engage with such federal agencies.
Our certificate programs help organizations satisfy the requirements of this order with sophisticated, flexible insider threat programs that are tailored to the unique circumstances of individual organizations. By earning the CERT Insider Threat Program Manager (ITPM) Certificate, participants
- learn the types of insider threats, how to recognize them, and what strategies can be used to mitigate them
- gain the skills and competencies necessary to oversee the development, implementation, and operation of an effective insider threat program
- study how insider threat programs operate within organizations and learn how to implement and guide these programs
- complete an exam to demonstrate their knowledge of the subject
Benefits of the CERT ITPM Certificate
The courses required for this certificate supply professionals working in insider threat with the concepts and practices necessary for developing a formal insider threat program, including
- insider threat planning
- identification of internal and external stakeholders
- components of an insider threat program
- insider threat team development
- strategies for effective communication of the program
- how to effectively implement and operate the program within the organization
After completing the certificate, participants may choose to be listed on the SEI website as an SEI Certificate Holder.
"Regardless of the technology in place to protect data, people still represent the biggest threat." — Alex Ryskin, IT director for the laser laboratories at the University of Rochester, NY, quoted in Oak Ridge Laboratory’s Anatomy of an Insider Threat: Case Study in Human Vulnerabilities
Who Should Get This Credential?
- insider threat program team members
- insider threat program managers
How to Earn the Certificate
To earn the ITPM Certificate, complete the courses in the certificate package and pass the examination within two years.
The four courses are also available separately. See each course or exam page for fee information. There is no additional fee for the certificate.
Organizations considering this training for a group of learners can take advantage of eLearning group discounts or schedule a private, instructor-led, onsite training delivery. Email email@example.com or telephone +1 412-268-7622 for details.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.