Organizational Resilience in a Time of CrisisSEI Speaking Free Online Access
Jun 24, 2020 · Webcast
An organization can demonstrate operational resilience, when faced with both cyber and physical disruptions, if it focuses on the fundamentals and makes data-driven risk decisions.
Disruptive events and crises have the potential to irreparably harm your organization. The key to thriving, not simply surviving, in uncertain times is analysis of posture and preplanning. An organization can demonstrate operational resilience, when faced with both cyber and physical disruptions, if it focuses on the fundamentals and makes data-driven risk decisions.
What attendees will learn:
- How to identify and prioritize key organizational missions and services
- How to use process and metrics to make the performance of your organization more predictable in a time of stress
- How to optimize investment in both protection and continuity resources
Who should attend?
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Risk Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Director-Information Security
- Director-Information Technology
- Director-Business Continuity
- Manager-Information Security
- Manager-Business Continuity
About the Speakers
Roberta G. (Bobbie) Stempfley joined the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute as director of the SEI's CERT Division in June 2017. Stempfley previously served as director of cyber strategy implementation at MITRE Corp. and as acting assistant secretary and deputy assistant secretary, Office of Cyber Security and Communications, Department of Homeland Security. In addition to her work at DHS, Stempfley previously worked in the DoD as CIO of the Defense Information Systems Agency and as chief of the DoD Computer Emergency Response Team, which she established.
Matthew Butkovic is the Technical Director of the Risk and Resilience team within the CERT® Division at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), a unit of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. Butkovic performs critical infrastructure protection research and develops methods, tools, and techniques for evaluating capabilities and managing risk. Butkovic has more than 15 years of managerial and technical experience in information technology (particularly information systems security, process design and audit) across the banking and manufacturing sectors.