CERT Cybersecurity Leadership Examination
The CERT Cybersecurity Leadership Examination objectively assesses the student's understanding of cybersecurity principles that reflect basic awareness and knowledge of cybersecurity within the context of a business organization and from the perspective of organizational leadership.
The examination is administered online. Learners can begin the exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the learner will have 4 total hours to complete the examination.
This validation exam is required for conferral of the CERT Cybersecurity for Leadership Professional Certificate.
Participants must achieve a minimum passing score of 80% for the CERT Cybersecurity for Leadership Professional Certificate.
The exam is composed of 40 multiple choice questions. Each question has four or five possible answers, only one of which is correct. The exam covers the following topic areas:
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Cybersecurity Governance
- Cyber-Risk and Resilience Management
- Cyber Threat and Vulnerabilities
- Incident Response/Business Continuity/Disaster Recover
- Cybersecurity Resources
The exam is based on knowledge attained from the CERT Cybersecurity Oversight training course. You may reference the course material as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 4 total hours regardless of the number of questions answered.
Before registering for this exam, participants must complete the prerequisite course: Cybersecurity Oversight for the Business Executive.
To access the SEI Learning Portal, which hosts the examination, your computer must have the following:
- For optimum viewing, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- These browsers are supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher), OSX (Last two major releases), Most Linux Distributions
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS 9, Android 6.0
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation we will support the last 2 major version of each of these browsers. Please note that as of January 2018, we do not support Safari on Windows.
This is an eLearning course.Register Now
Course Fees [USD]
- eLearning: $250.00
ScheduleYou can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, you will have 4 total hours to complete the examination. After all answers are submitted, the exam will provide your score immediately. The minimum passing score for the exam is 80%.
The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions. For each question, the exam will require you to select the best answer and submit it as your response. You will not be permitted to change your answer after it is submitted. Please note that failure to select an answer to a question will be interpreted as an intentional action; unanswered questions will be scored as incorrect responses. Once responses have been submitted for all of the questions, your exam will be scored.
You may reference your notes as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 4 total hours regardless of the number of questions you have answered.
If you wish to purchase this course for a group of learners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at +1 412-268-7388 for group rate details.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.