CERT Information Security Professional Certificate
Protect Your Information Systems and Networks
This certificate provides participants with practical techniques for protecting the security of an organization's information assets and resources and increases their depth of knowledge and skills to administer and secure their organization's information systems and networks. Security issues, technologies, and recommended practices are addressed at increasing layers of complexity, beginning with concepts and proceeding to technical implementations.
Benefits of the CERT Information Security Professional Certificate
The courses required for this certificate involve extensive hands-on laboratories using a heterogeneous network environment, scenario-based exercises, lectures and briefings, and open discussion to help participants develop their understanding of the problems and strategies for securing information systems and networks. Earning this certificate helps participants
- understand the types of vulnerabilities and threats to which an organization's information assets may be exposed
- apply the components of risk and asset management to cyber environments
- protect against common attack methods perpetrated against network systems
- implement technology for monitoring the status of network services
- safely collect and secure sensitive incident-response data
- analyze and respond to network and system events
After completing the certificate, participants may choose to be listed on the SEI website as an SEI Certificate Holder.
Who Should Get This Credential?
Technical staff members who manage or support networked information systems and have
- experience in data networking with entry-level Unix or Windows system administration
- some degree of familiarity with the ISO/OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol stack
- some security administration experience
Summary of Fees
Participants pay fees for courses; there is no additional fee for the certificate.
Organizations considering this training for a group of participants can take advantage of eLearning group discounts or schedule a private, instructor-led, onsite training delivery. Email email@example.com or telephone +1 412-268-1817 for details.
How to Earn the Certificate
To earn this certificate, complete the following courses within two years:
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.