CERT Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Certificate
Measure and Manage Your Organization's Insider Threat Risk
The CERT Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor (ITVA) Certificate program enables assessors to help organizations gain a better understanding of their insider threat risk and an enhanced ability to identify and manage associated risks. The assessment methodology assists organizations by measuring how prepared they are to prevent, detect, and respond to insider threats.
By earning the CERT ITVA Certificate, participants
learn the types of insider threats, how to recognize them, and what strategies can mitigate them
- study how insider threat programs operate within organizations and learn how to implement and guide these programs
- gain the skills and competencies necessary to perform an insider threat vulnerability assessment of an organization
- complete an exam to demonstrate their knowledge of the subject
Benefits of the CERT ITVA Certificate
The courses required for this certificate supply insider threat program managers with the concepts and practices necessary for measuring and managing their organizations' insider threat risk, including
- insider threat definitions, issues, and types
- insider threat prevention, detection, and mitigation strategies
- requirements for a formal insider threat program
- confidential reporting procedures and mechanisms
- how to identify issues affecting your insider threat risk
- how to design and implement tactical countermeasures
- how to formulate a strategic action plan for long-term risk mitigation
After completing the certificate, participants may choose to be listed on the SEI website as an SEI Certificate Holder.
Download a PDF about the CERT ITVA certificate.
Who Should Get This Credential?
- insider threat program managers who wish to gain knowledge to support their efforts in developing and operating their insider threat programs
- those interested in licensing the CERT methodology and tools to perform insider threat vulnerability assessments within their organization or in other organizations
Summary of Fees
Participants can save by registering for all four components of the certificate at once:
$3000 - U.S. Government/Academia
$3500 - U.S. Industry
$4000 - International
The four components are also available separately. See each course and exam page for fee information and individual registration. There is no additional fee for the certificate.
Organizations considering this training for a group of learners can take advantage of eLearning group discounts or schedule a private, instructor-led, onsite training delivery. Email email@example.com or telephone +1 412-268-1817 for details.
How to Earn the Certificate
To earn the CERT ITVA Certificate, complete the following courses and pass the examination within two years.
|Overview of Insider Threat Concepts and Activities
|Building an Insider Threat Program
|Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Training
|Insider Threat Vulnerability Assessor Certificate Exam
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.