Dionisio de Niz
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Dionisio de Niz is a member of the High-Confidence Cyber-Physical Systems Initiative. In this initiative he has been working on the timing verification and resource allocation (real-time scheduling) of CPS to address application needs and new processor technologies. In particular, on the application side we have been investigating the functional consolidation of features of different criticality into the same platform. This is known as mixed-criticality systems. In this area we created the Zero-Slack Scheduling approach (e.g. ZS-Rate-Monotonic Scheduling) to implement asymmetric protection between tasks of different criticality. That is, we prevent the a lower-criticality task to interfere with a higher-criticality one but allow the higher-criticality task to steal CPU cycles from lower-criticality ones in case of overload.
With respect to new processor technologies we focus on the multi-core processors including the use of General-Purpose Graphic Processing Unit (GP-GPU). In this area we have been focusing on the scheduling of parallelized tasks and analyzing the timing implications of the use of shared-memory (including shared cache) across cores.
Previous work experience includes: MIS Manager, Co-founder of a CMM consulting company in Mexico, and Software Engineer working on the reference implementation and a product of the Real-Time Java Specification.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Dionisio de Niz and Linh Thi Xuan Phan. Partitioned Scheduling fr Multi-Modeal Mixed-Criticality Real-Time Systems on Multiprocessor Platforms.RTAS 2014.
- Hyoseung Kim, Dionisio de Niz, Bjorn Andersson, Mark Klein, Onur Mutlu, Ragunathan (Raj) Rajkumar. Bounding Memory Interference Delay in COTS-Based Multicore Systems. IEEE RTAS 2014. Best Paper Award.
- Bjorn Andersson and Dionisio de Niz. Analyzing Global-EDF for Multiprocessor Scheduling of Parallel Tasks. OPODIS 2012.
- Gabriel Moreno and Dionisio de Niz. An Optimal Real-Time Voltage and Frequency Scaling for Uniform Multiprocessors. RTCSA 2012.
- Dionisio de Niz, Lutz Wrage, Nathaniel Storer, Anthony Rowe, and Raj Rajkumar. On Resource Overbooking in an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. ICCPS 2012.
- Karthik Lakshmanan, Dionisio de Niz, and Raj Rajkumar. Overload Provisioning in Mixed-Criticality Cyber-Physical Systems. To appear in ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems.
- Luis E. Leyva del Foyo, Pedro Mejia-Alvarez, and Dionisio de Niz Predictable Interrupt Scheduling with Low Overhead for Real-Time Kernels 12th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, August 2006.
- Dionisio de Niz, Gaurav Bhatia, and Raj Rajkumar "Model-Based Development of Embedded Systems: The SysWeaver Approach" IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium 2006.
Search the library for publications by this author
Additional information can be found in my andrew page.