Senior Member of Technical Staff
Peter Feiler is the technical lead and author of the SAE AS-2C Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) standard. This standard has been published in Nov 2004 as SAE document AS5506. Version 2.1 of the standard was published in Jan 2012. He is currently leading the revision of the Error Model Annex standard for AADL.
Feiler is a senior member of the technical staff at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI). He has been with the SEI for 28 years. His duties at the SEI included five years of management. His interests include safety-critical real-time systems, architecture languages software-reliant systems, and predictable system analysis & engineering.
Peter received the Carnegie Science Award for Information Technology in 2009 for his work with AADL.
Before joining the SEI, he did research and led a group in software technology at the Siemens Corporate Research and Technology Lab in Princeton, NJ. During that period he also was the system architect for the software development environment in a large-scale product development.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Feiler P., Goodenough J., Gurfinkel A., Weinstock C., Wrage L., Four Pillars for Improving the Quality of Safety-Critical Software-Reliant Systems, Software Engineering Institute, Research & Technology White Paper, 2013.
- Feiler, P., Gluch D.. Model-Based Engineering with AADL: An Introduction to the SAE Architecture Analysis & Design Language. (2012) SEI Series, Addison Wesley.
- SAE International, "Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL)," Feiler, Peter, Author & Editor, SAE Document AS5506A, Jan 2012.
- L. Northrop, R. Balzer, K. Sullivan, R. Gabriel, D. Smith, M. Klein, P. Feiler, et.al. Ultra Large Scale Systems: Software Challenge of the Future, study and report commissioned by Claude M. Bolton, Jr., assistant secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology), Software Engineering Institute, June 2006, http://www.sei.cmu.edu/uls/.
- Peter H. Feiler, Jorgen Hansson, Impact of Runtime Architectures on Control System Stability, Proceedings of 4th International Congress on Embedded Real-Time Systems, Jan 2008.
- Peter H. Feiler, John Walker, "Adaptive Feedback Scheduling of Incremental and Design-To-Time Tasks", Proceedings of 23rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2001). IEEE Computer Society Press, May 2001.
- Peter H. Feiler and Watts Humphrey, "Software Process Development and Enactment: Concepts and Definitions," Communication of the ACM, Vol. 35, No. 9, pp. 75-90, September, 1992.
- BS, Computer Science
- PhD, Computer Science