Improving Process Performance Using Six Sigma Instructor Training
Please review the prerequisites before registering below.
This two-day course is for those interested in becoming SEI-Certified Instructors of the Improving Process Performance Using Six Sigma (IPPSS) course. The IPPSS course introduces a method for driving improvement based on performance using a method and toolbox originating with the Six Sigma DMAIC paradigm. This instructor training course is composed of lectures and participant sharing of experience, analogies and "war stories" of topics taught within the IPPSS course material. Candidate instructors must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the IPPSS material and have effective instructional and facilitation skills. Other required qualifications are specified at SEI-Certified Instructor for Improving Process Performance Using Six Sigma. A number of pre-course exercises must be submitted to determine if applicants are prepared to take this course.
This training provides an opportunity for experienced trainers and measurement professionals to become SEI-Certified Instructors of the "Improving Process Performance using Six Sigma (IPPSS)" course. To be eligible, participants must have the following skills: extensive instructional experience in training, implementing or developing measurement programs, and basic statistical and problem solving skills, including proficiency with Minitab.
- present any IPPSS course module to a class of students, demonstrating content expertise by adhering to the documented instructional guidance
- provide critiques of IPPSS course exercise results by giving feedback that aligns with and reinforces specific relevant concepts that are integral to the course approach, and that highlights both correct and incorrect application of the DMAIC method within the specific context of the student exercises
- respond to methodology questions from IPPSS course students
- general approach used in the design of the IPPSS course
- content overview of each module in the IPPSS course
- module by module review of concepts or issues to be emphasized while teaching
- introduction to IPPSS course exercises
- guidance for IPPSS course exercises, including team coaching, evaluation, and feedback
- working familiarity with Minitab statistical software package
Participants will receive
- an IPPSS instructor workbook, including instructor notes, which will be used during the Instructor Training to document additional instructor points and examples shared during the Instructor Training class
- Pocket Guide to Advanced Six Sigma Tools
Before attending this course, each candidate instructor must acquire their own copy of Minitab software (latest version) and bring the software installed on their laptop for use in this class.
- be sponsored by an SEI Partner organization
- have completed the application process to become a certified IPPSS course instructor, including acceptable completion of course pre-work
- signed a Code of Professional Conduct for SEI Services document
- have successfully completed an SEI-authorized course offering of IPPSS
Students must bring a personal computer equipped with:
- Installation of the latest version of Minitab (purchased or free evaluation license; please launch Minitab after installation to ensure it is fully installed and operational; check Minitab vendor website for computer requirements)
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
3 - Day Course
Do you receive reports on your project, but are uncertain how to use them? Do you feel you don't receive the information you need to manage your project? This three-day course teaches managers and practitioners how to use measurement as the foundation for making informed decisions about projects. Participants learn to use measurement to analyze...
5 - Day Course
This five-day course takes a hands-on, measurement-oriented approach to product development, providing participants with a toolkit of analysis methods and leveraging industry best practices, such as the Design-for-Six-Sigma methodology of DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design, Verify). This course builds upon basic statistical concepts from the...
3 - Day Course
Does your organization collect data that is never used? Does it still make decisions based on opinion and assertion? This three-day course teaches managers and practitioners how to identify and define indicators (i.e., graphical displays) and measures that directly support decision making and an organization's business, process improvement, and...
5 - Day Course
Does your organization experience the same product and business problems repeatedly? Are you tired of process improvement projects that never produce results? Are your competitors consistently beating you to market? Do you have data but don't know what to do with it? Many process improvement projects aim for modest improvements of 1-5%. Through...
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.